Thursday, January 05, 2006

Traveling Hell

It seems that I can not go anywhere without there being a total transportation disaster. There are a million examples, but the most recent was this morning. My father and I left on time for the second leg of our trip to Chicago, but were soon delayed 3.5 hours on account of a flat tire on the side of I-55. Not knowing where the donut was, we unloaded an entire minivan (which was packed strategically for a move across the country) on the side of the interstate to only discover that there was no spare to be found. We were saved by Expert Motorist Patrolman John Holcombe. He was not only helpful and informative but kind as well!

Other examples of traveling hell:

  1. When it took me 5.5 hours just to go from Cambridge, England to Gatwick airport, causing me to almost miss my flight!
  2. Another is the 25+ hour train ride that had me vomiting in the little pot-of-gold-like commodes the entire way home.
  3. Of course, we can't forget the trip home from Hungary, which I swear to goodness lasted longer than my stay there.
  4. Coming home from Orlando, where the trip was already horrendous, my flight ended up being three legs instead of a straight shot.
  5. (Speaking more locally) Getting hit by a car while riding my bike to class

So I prove time and time again that even though one might think that traveling from point A to point B would be a simple task, no day with transportation is a mundane one!